21 Things in 22 Years
Yep, I'm writing a blog post on my birthday. Why? Because I love to write, and I want to fill today with the things I love. So, I wanted to share with you 21 things I have learned in my 21 years of life. Whether you like to call yourself old, or whether you like to tell yourself you're in your prime, I hope you can laugh, relate, and learn from my lessons.
1. Learn to lean in and meet people where they are.
2. Taking time for yourself is sometimes the healthiest thing you can do.
3. It's okay to ask for help.
4. It's okay to be vulnerable.
5. Friendship, or rather any relationship, is a two-way street.
6. Moms mean well, even if you don't believe it.
7. People are human. Humans make stupid mistakes.
8. Read. It makes you smarter. This includes textbooks (even biology... ugh)
9. Start a new hobby every year and discover where it can lead you.
10. Celebrate others and it will replicate in your own life.
11. Journaling is the best form of medicine.
12. "Never tease a weasel, because teasing isn't nice"--my Poppy
13. Decorate for Christmas early, I wholeheartedly believe it makes people happier
14. People usually don't care about what you're doing with your life as much as you think they do. So take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt
15. Live for an audience of One.
16. You probably shouldn't speed. You'll get a ticket. Metaphorically and literally.
17. Talk to people you don't know, everyone has a story worth hearing.
18. Serve others--joy is a reward more precious than gold.
19. A Mess doesn't always mean a mess. A mess means productivity.
20. Apologize in person.
21. Go the extra mile, the view is better.
Here's to 22.